Collection of Interesting E-prints
On-line bibliography about Boson Stars (BS) (Compiled by Bruno Mundim, May 2005)
The fastest way of diving on BS studies is carefully reproduce the main
calculations explicitly done by Kevin (Chi-Wai) Lai in his Phd thesis:
If you are wondering about the existence of BS, there is a good review addressing
the issues of existence, BS classification and its possible signatures for
A little bit more of motivation...
and finally the classical review of on gravitational equilibrium configurations
of scalar fields-boson stars-in the framework of a Newtonian and of a general
relativistic treatment. A must-read!
On the moment we are investigating the maximal critical mass for an
Einstein-Klein-Gordon-like system with self-interaction potencial.
Below it is listed some papers considering several different self-interaction
- C.W. Lai, "A Numerical Study of Boson Stars", Phd thesis, UBC (2004) gr-qc/0410040
Non-topo. soliton star:
- RUFFINI, R, BONAZZOLA, S, "Systems of Self-Gravitating Particles in General Relativity and the Concept of an Equation of State" Phys. Rev. 187, 1767-1783 (1969)
- Friedberg, R, Lee, TD, Pang, Y, "Scalar soliton stars and black holes" Phys. Rev. D 35, 3658-3677 (1987)
- Lee, TD, Pang, Y, "Nontopological solitons" Phys Rep 221 251 (1992)
Sin-Gordon BS, Cosh-Gordon BS and Liouville BS:
- Ho, J-W, Kim, S-J, Lee, B-H, "Maximum Mass of Boson Star Formed by Self-Interacting Scalar Fields" gr-qc/9902040
- Schunck, FE, Torres, DF, Ahluwalia, DV, "Boson Stars with Generic Self-Interactions" International Journal of Modern Physics D: Gravitation, Astrophysics & Cosmology; Oct2000, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p601, 18p
- Giddings, SB, Myers, RC, "Spontaneous decompactification" hep-th/0404220
On-line bibliography about Conformally Flat simulations (Compiled by Bruno Mundim, September 2005)
The most recent that I found was the following paper: